Clara Imbert (b.1994), is a French artist, currently based in Lisbon, who graduated from Central Saint Martins in 2017. Her practice questions the notions of space and perspective, of the object and the observer’s perception.
Exploring relationships between notions of reality and illusion, her research results in works of various forms such as photography, sculpture and installation.
While the invisible is studied, the space is deconstructed and different layers appear, making reference to other spaces, though not present.
SELECTED COLLECTIVE EXHIBITIONS :
Onde Estou, O Que Vejo, Termibal B, Barreiro, Portugal.
Post_Materia, Azan Space, Marvila, Lisboa.
Thirdbase Season 1 Exhibition, Xabregas, Lisboa.
Feedback, The Switch Gallery, Lisboa.
Festival Exquisitio, Lumiar, Portugal.
Dis (Places) , Foco Galerie, Lisboa.
P R O C E S S, Azan Space, Lisboa.
-Twilly’s Minimalist Playground, Commissioned by Hermès, Saatchi Gallery, London.
- Degree Show One Art, Central Saint Martins, London.
- ‘Alt- Real’, Lethaby Gallery, London.
- ‘Project Park’, Exhibition in London Fields Park.
- ‘This is an Art School’, Tate Exchange, Switch House, Tate Modern, London.
- ‘14th Cinema Launch Exhibition. Curtain Road, London.
- Prix Juvenars, La Bellevilloise, Paris.
- ‘Big Space’, Central Saint Martins, London
- Print/3, Arcane Gallery, The Oval, London.
-Thirdbase Artist Residency, Lisbon, Portugal
- La Ira de Dios, International Residency, BuenosAires, Argentina.